©2023 The Headline House
Heartstopper is a Netflix British coming-of-age romantic comedy-drama series based on Alice Oseman’s webcomic and graphic novel of the same name.
The series, written by Oseman herself, focuses on Charlie Spring (Joe Locke), a gay schoolboy who falls in love with classmate Nick Nelson (Kit Connor), whom he sits next to in his new form.
It also looks at Tao (William Gao), Elle (Yasmin Finney), Tara (Corinna Brown), and Darcy’s lives (Kizzy Edgell).
What Could Heartstopper Season 2 Be About?
Heartstopper’s second season will most likely explore all of the nuances and heartwarming moments of Charlie and Nick’s romance, as well as how Sarah supports her son after he came out to her as bisexual.
There will undoubtedly be complications, most likely in the form of Ben, but we must wait and see!
During a live recording of the Radio Times Podcast at the BFI & Radio Times TV Festival, star Kit Connor answered questions about the hit show’s future with Jane Garvey and resident TV critic Rhianna Dhillon.
Which Cast Members Could Return for Heartstopper Season 2?
The following cast members are set to return in Season 2 of Heartstopper.
- Joe Locke as Charlie Spring
- Kit Connor as Nick Nelson
- Olivia Colman as Sarah Nelson
- William Gao as Tao Xu
- Yasmin Finney as Elle Argent
- Corinna Brown as Tara Jones
- Kizzy Edgell as Darcy Olsson
- Sebastian Croft as Ben Hope
- Cormac Hyde-Corrin as Harry Greene
- Rhea Norwood as Imogen Heaney
- Tobie Donovan as Isaac Henderson
- Jenny Walser as Tori Spring
- Fisayo Akinade as Mr Ajayi
- Chetna Pandya as Coach Singh
- Alan Turkington as Mr. Lange
New cast members include:
- Sahar Zahid a Higgs student
- Jack Barton as David Nelson (Nick’s older brother)
- Bradley Riches as James McEwan (a Truham student)
- Nima Taleghani as Mr. Farouk (a Truham teacher)
- Bel Priestly as Naomi (a new friend of Elle)
- Ash Self as Felix (a new friend of Elle)
- Thibault De Montalembert as Stephane (Sarah’s ex)
Heartstopper Season 2 Release Date Speculation
Heartstopper season 2 will most likely be released in 2023. Production is already underway.
Netflix announced the renewal of the series for two more seasons on May 20, 2022.
So there will be two batches of episodes!
The first season was shot from April 2021 to June 2021, taking only three months to complete.
If the series has now been commissioned, scripts will need to be written, and filming will hopefully take place in a similar time frame, delivering us a series by next year.
As previously stated, the recent casting call for Sahar Zahid indicates that filming on Heartstopper season 2 will begin in the autumn of 2022. Keep your fingers crossed!
Is There a Trailer for Heartstopper Season 2?
No, because production on Heartstopper 2 has only recently begun, there is no new footage.
We’ll make sure to update this post as soon as we get a whiff of any new footage.