©2023 The Headline House
Gerard Piqué Bernabeu is a Spanish former professional footballer who played as a center-back.
He is regarded as one of his generation’s best defenders.
What is Gerard Piqué’s Net Worth and Salary?
Gerard Piqué is a professional footballer from Spain with an estimated net worth of $80 million.
Piqué, a veteran defender for FC Barcelona, has experienced a number of extraordinary moments throughout his soccer career.
He is widely regarded as one of the world’s best defenders. Gerard has appeared frequently for the Spanish national team. He was a member of the winning teams for both the 2010 World Cup and the 2012 Euro Cup.
In 2004, Piqué made his debut with Manchester United. Injured members of the first team were typically replaced by him over the course of the following few years.
His impressive performances earned him a new contract, but Real Zaragoza eventually enticed him back to La Liga. However, this was only a one-season loan, and he returned to England in 2007 to continue playing for Manchester United.
He subsequently made additional appearances for Manchester United and participated in his first Champions League game.
In 2008, despite the fact that Piqué had become a promising figure for the Red Devils and was scoring numerous goals, the inevitable transpired.
Gerard could not refuse when Barcelona FC requested his return to Old Trafford. He was acquired for a transfer fee of £5 million.
Gerard was previously in a relationship with one of the world’s richest singers, Shakira, whom he met during the recording of Shakira’s hit song “Waka Waka” for the 2010 World Cup in South Africa.
The couple has two children, Sasha Pique Mabarak and Milan Pique Mebarak, and travels between their homes in Spain and South America.
After 11 years of marriage, the couple announced their separation in June 2022. The couple split for unknown reasons, but Gerard has recently been seen with a new girl on his arm.
Awards & Achievements
Gerard Pique has won awards for his soccer ability since he was a child, and his prodigious talent is recognized worldwide.
Playing against the greatest players of the modern game, Gerard is able to hold his own and come out on top with his awesome skills.
Here are some of the more memorable moments from Gerard Piqué’s career:
- He was the 19th highest-paid player in 2017 behind Cristiano Ronaldo, teammates Lionel Messi and Neymar Jr., as well as Gareth Bale and Zlatan Ibrahimovic from his former club Manchester United.
- Gerard has won the Spanish Champion award eight times, from 2009 to 2011, and then again in 2013, 2015, 2016, 2018, and 2019.
- Gerard was a member of the Spanish national team that won the FIFA World Cup in 2010.
- He won the Spanish Super Cup six times between 2010 and 2019.
- In 2006, Manchester United and Gerard won the English League Cup.
- He was a member of the team that won the European Under-19 Champions Cup in 2006.
Gerard Piqué Facts
- At the age of 17 months, Pique had an accident and was hospitalized in a coma after playing football at his grandfather’s house.
- Shakira and Gerard were in a relationship for years and, funnily enough, share the same birthday.
- After the birth of their second child, the couple urged their fans to raise funds to vaccinate children all around the world.
- Gerard was given the nickname “Piquenbauer”, due to his similarities to the legendary soccer player, Franz Beckenbauer.
- When he first joined Manchester United, he wasn’t paid a fee, as he was too young to receive a professional contract.